Monday, August 30, 2010

One week of solace

Ok, so it's been a week since my last entry.  Slack? Hell yes!

So, lets go for a bit of a trip back in time and see if I can remember what occurred excluding gory details such as what underwear I was wearing on which day.  However, on that note, I am pretty confident that I did change them on a regular basis, my mind hasn't completely failed me just yet.

Right, so Saturday I had the melt down at the Fruit Market.. Memorable moment, not sure I will ever forget that one.

Sunday: to be honest, I have no freakin clue what I did on Sunday.  Clearly, it was a day lost in time.

Monday, The Hobbit arrived early at home, and we drove into work..  Hang on, Mum was there..

Revised Sunday: Mum arrived!

Tuesday: Mum, Aaron and I went off to visit my new best friend Dr O. (the Opthamologist). Test after test after test I actually think that my eyesight is better than it was before the Optic Neuritis.. Maybe the Steroids have fixed me right up! When I asked Dr O. if I could drive he indicated that I have been able to drive all along. "You can see can't you? Then that means you can drive" Grrrr, after my "so called" best friend Dr H. the Neurologist told me not to drive until I got the all clear from Dr O... I wish they would make up their mind.

Wednesday: Mum went home as she had judging duties in The Bay. The Hobbit arrived and I drove to work with her in the passenger seat giving me dutch courage (of the verbal variety, not the alcoholic variety). Got knows we don't want a drunk chick with MS on the roads, I am already dizzy enough.. I wonder if I dye my hair blonde if I could really get away with being a dizzy blonde).. end of random thought.  Right now, what are we up to?  I think from memory I was in a foul mood this day. I don't really know why.

Thursday!: Took the day off as Doug and Gus the Glaziers were arriving the the kitchen splashback (which by the way looks tremendous). Inspector Gidget was getting under their feet during her Supervising duties, so I decided to lock her in the guest room so they could get on with their job.  When I opened up the door the stench almost knocked me over, turns out the pipes behind the bathroom vanity are leaking (again!) and well, let's just say that the water on the floor was a little bit carpety... Unimpressed!
Phone call to plumber and bathroom reno moron (reno only done in August 2009) and plumber is on my door step first thing Friday morning. Reno moron doesn't give a shit, cause.. Well... he's a dodgyarsed moron. The appropriate colour underwear for today should have been brown, because I had the shits.

Friday: Frank the plumber on the door step first thing in the morning.  Fixes the Reno moron's fuck up which takes most of the day and leaves at 1300hrs. 
I had good intentions of getting to work that day (I was dressed appropriately and everything!).. But at 1300hrs is there any point in driving in?
Waved goodbye to my neighbours who were off on a much needed holiday on the high seas on a cruise to the Pacific Isles, god bless their cotton socks.
Took carpet off cut from foyer to the RSPCA, found the MS Society HQ (didn't have the guts to go in though), stopped at PetCare 2000 for Mentalhead supplies. Then home.
The Hobbit dropped in for a coffee to check out the glass splashback and I went to bed early.

Saturday: (white undies? bad choice of a pub crawl) PUB DAY! Drove into the City and did a team building pub crawl with colleagues.

Sunday: (black undies) A day of peace... Breakfast.. Had a waah, got over it quick smart after I realised I wasn't wearing waterproof mascara (stupid move! Especially for a weekend cause that's predominantly when I have melt downs).  Went for a walk around The Markets with Lyndi. Chilled out in the sunshine.. Drove home.. Wrecked.. So camped my fat arse on the sofa (after feeding the Mentalheads) and zonked, had an sms fight with Jason which put me in the mood for brown undies, and a conversation with Bloke which is always rewarding and good for a laugh.

Monday (today): (mauve undies) I've forgotten my MP3 player.. dammit!  I heard Colin swear! Holy snappin duck ringtones.. I've NEVER heard him swear before!  Six weeks today since I had my cervical cancer operation, which means of course, that I can now officially have a bath!

Today I sent an email about a broken microwave in our kitchen to two completely unrelated people.. Clearly my brain isn't in the right gear this morning/afternoon and I have completely lost it.  I need to remember to take things slower and not go at things like a bull at a gate and trust my instinct like I used to be able to do. I need to remember that I am not who I used to be, and I can no longer trust myself.

Off to Aaron's for dinner tonight. Ear still blocked.. I really should go see Dr GP about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment