Sunday, August 15, 2010

At the stroke of midnight..

Why is it at night that I start to feel like having a melt down?
Tonight I can't sleep.  My mind is running a marathon, or at least trying to.
Tonight is different, tonight I am asking that question that everyone said I would.. and I said I wouldn't.
WHY ME?

What is the purpose of this condition? Why does it even exist? Is there a god? Maybe I am the weakest link and it's time to start to weed me out, but leave me with enough capacity to do some good before I meet my demise?

Tonight as I stood in the shower, enjoying the hot water on a chilly night.. I stared at the floor.  Those grey floor tiles and I cursed the bathroom reno guy for not following my instructions in leaving out the shower hub because I thought to myself "how am I going to get a wheelchair in here?"..  What kind of thoughts are those?  I mean .. seriously.. what am I thinking?

Who seriously wants to get a phone call at midnight from a blubbering fool who is crying over a fucking shower hub?  But secretly thinks "I am probably going to have to have someone shower me in a few years.." what kind of life is that?  So, my chosen victim is more than likely bedded down for the night, and should think themselves lucky they didn't answer their text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment