Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vale Jason Niblett

Not that long ago I mentioned in my blog that I had a fight with a "Jason".

This afternoon I received a phone call from one of his colleagues informing me that he had been found in his home passed away.  Apparently he had passed away from a heart attack at the age of 37. He wasn't found for 4 days and it wasn't until he didn't turn up for work that the alarm bells sounded.

Whilst he was a pain in the arse, I still loved him.  He was one of the "good guys" and always stayed in touch and would give you the shirt off his own back in a heart beat.

Not many people knew the real Jason, I am not even sure I knew the real Jason. 

We used to hang out, watch movies, study, cook, wrestle, stuff around, drink and a good laugh and sometimes a good argument.. He used to love my massages and used to love it when I would do ear candle treatments on him.  He loved golf, had a real passion for it, and used to say that his game improved when we spent time with each other.  He also loved cars.. He loved his Nissan Skyline and his motor bike (except when he came off it straight into a barbed wire fence) and wanted to buy a block of land in the country "somewhere west like Mudgee" he would say and build a fully self sustainable house.  His passion was renewable energy, wind turbines and solar energy and would try to explain it to me which would end in frustration!

He loved a drink, and lord knows, tried to give up smoking.. But it was all too much and I think he loved it even though he knew it was bad for him.

Sleep overs usually consisted of him snoring so damned loudly and his sleep apnoea was that dreadful he would stop breathing which scared me more than once.  Many a time he would nap on the sofa under the air conditioning remote control in hand wearing my grey tracksuit pants that he decided were his.

He loved garlic bread, and insisted on having it at most meals.

He used to get cranky with me for getting work done at the house without consulting him or letting him do it for me. When I did get work done, he would get upset especially if the job wasn't done to his high standards.

I attended your funeral today (Wednesday 15th Dec), met your Mum and Sister as well as your boss and a few work colleagues. It was all very mellow, and we needed you there to liven up the party.  You have your Mum's eyes, she said that she wished she'd met me before today and I guess I wished I had too. I do hope that you were there and that you saw the number of people that were there, standing room only.  So many people that you have touched in some way, shape or form.. 
All in all Jason, you were one that I loved to hate. You drove me nuts, but, you were a good man.  Thanks for the fun times.. I'll miss you so much xx.


RIP, Jason NIBLETT, December 8th, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. He is the same Jason Niblett from Ashfield?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, thanks for your comment. The Jason I knew was from Western Sydney, closer to Windsor.

      Delete