Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ICON training, childrens books and Apricot Chicken

Day Three in the salt mines.

I forgot I was in ICON training today with our sister agency.

The view from the back of the room where I sit with Lyndi and Colin is most appealing, especially when the rest of my colleagues stand up for breaks.

Lyndi has her eye on a certain colleague who she things might be alright for Karra. I am not sure Karra would "tap that" because he might be a bit old for her.  I have asked her if she would be interested in a "Sugar Daddy".. Thus far, she hasn't responded favorably.

My ICON scenario involves the destruction of the town I was born in.  My plan mostly revolves around the elimination of the Golf Course and Cucumber and Cheese sandwiches being available in Mrs Milsom's Winnebago at the airport before the residents of the town depart on an Airbus 380 en route to the Maldives with a one way ticket in hand.

I am also planning the establishment of some kind of post destruction infrastructure that includes an asylum for wives of golfers who have lost their will to live seeing as there is no longer a golf course in the town (cause I destroyed it in my scenario).  There is some concern about the Bus Stop in the main street as well as the Council Chambers, however it's not high on the priority because only about 13 people's careers are at stake.

So far, I have Bloke as the Dozer Supervisor, Colin, Lyndi, Karra and Lee as Helicopter Air Attack Supervisors. Shaz and Jen as Cruise Directors in Boats (it sounded good at the time).

Lyndi has just come up with a bloody brilliant idea... I should go do a creative writing course..  Damned fine idea.. I will look into that, because I have often thought about writing children's books.  INSPIRATION!

Anyway, back to whatever it was I was talking about. 

I forgot lunch today.

My ears are blocked and have been for a number of days, and everything tastes funny.

Anthony is pinching strawberries, which reminds me I have strawberries and blueberries in the fridge, I better do something with them when I get home from work.  What am I going to do with them?  Lyndi thinks that I should go and get some merange cups, mix the fruit with some tia maria.. Leave them to marinate while I am having dinner, buy some "shhhhhhhhh" cream (in a can) and put the fruit in cups and then squirt cream all over them.  But, the next question is what's for dinner?  Well.. "oh... ahhhh" NOTHING.. I will just have the fruit for dinner.

Last nights dinner was Apricot Chicken inspired by Karra who had a craving.  Lyndi is going to have Lamb.. Though, now I think she is inspired by the Apricot Chicken.. Please see Mum's recipe below:

A BBQ chicken
A packet of either French Onion Soup OR an Apricot Chicken Curry Mix thingo which is like a Continental mix
An Onion chopped
A LARGE tin/container of Apricot Nectar
A tin of Apricot halves (I cut them in half again so they are quarters, but that's at your discretion)
Due to me being an alcoholic (joking!) I do put in a cup of white wine but that's at your discretion also.

Throw it all in a pot, slow cook it for 40 minutes (or you can cook the onion first with the wine). Serve with Rice. 

Right, now.. Back to the destruction of my home town.

MattI is looking for Lyndi.. Cause she has gone to powder her nose.  I've told him basically that I am not her keeper. He called me a smartarse and clearly didn't appreciate me pointing her out when she was standing beside him.  Lyndi has warned him that I no longer have any decorum. Needless to say I took much joy in paging him to adivse him that she is going to lunch, I should beware of the backlash.

Right, now..  It's lunchtime.

NOTE to Proofreader:  Please note that spelling mistakes have been amended 19/08/10 1521hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment