Sunday, August 15, 2010

CT Scan

Yesterday I found the CT Scan I have been looking for.

It's dated 18 January 2000.  Wow, 10 years ago..

It reads:
CT Brain:
Clinical history of increading memory loss of the last six months is noted.
5mm adial sections of the skull base and 10mm axial sections of the rest of the brain to the vertex pre and post contrast were performed (wtf?).
No focal abnormal attenuation is noted in brain parenchyma (yay! I think). Ventricles and sulci appear normal. No midline shifting is noted.  No abnormal enhancement is noted after IV contrast.
Conclusion:
No abnormality is noted.

Now, ordinarily that is great.. However, it really upset me. If the Neurologist says that I have had MS for "sometime" due to the deteriation of my brain now, does that mean that something wasn't picked up back in 2000?

Am I thinking about this too much? Most probably. But regardless of that, it did certainly mess with my emotions (hence last night's blog).

Gidget sitting on my CT (cat) Scan's. Seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment