Saturday, May 28, 2011

A visit with Joseph

My Optometrist's name is Joseph.

He is a funny man, a silver fox estimated to be in his late 40's. 

It's been four (4) years since I last saw Joseph.  Apparently this is unacceptable especially since I've had optic neuritis.  So, have I been told today?  Yes I have!

I did find out that whilst my optic nerve was swollen for some weeks and after being on steroids in hospital for four (4) days I have minimal long term damage to the optic nerve which is good news. In fact, he toyed with the idea of not even changing my right eye script from 2007.

So, two pairs of glasses and a pair of new fancy Oroton sunnies later I walk out $585 poorer promising that I will be back in 12 months for another check up..  I did walk away feeling positive and with one piece of useful inside information and perhaps the secret to being a good Optometrist.

When I asked "Why is it so difficult to choose glasses?"
Joseph "We make it that way deliberately"
"Why?" I ask
Joseph's answer "Because it means you spend more time with us"....

Awww..

No comments:

Post a Comment