Saturday, May 21, 2011

One good deed leads to a new UBD...

On my way home on Wednesday night.. Car is literally running on vapor.. It's been three weeks since my last visit to the bowser so I figure I had better juice up..

Travelling along a main arterial road near my home towards my favorite petrol station I pass a Motorhome on the side of the road, snicker to myself thinking "oh boy are they lost!".

So, I pull into the service station, wait for a truck to finish filling up as there is only one diesel bowser.  I start to fill up and low and behold the lost motorhome cruises up beside me.

Two people get out of the rear, two people get out of the front. Driver stands in front of me and stretches. It's almost 7pm.

I say to driver "looks like you needed that".
He says "Yeah, it's been a long day"
Me: "Where have you come from?"
Driver: "We flew into Brisbane this morning and got straight in this thing (motions to motorhome) and here we are!"
Me: "Where did you fly in from?"
Driver: "New Zealand. Here for a few days for a Machinery show.  You wouldn't happen to know where the nearest caravan park is would you?"
Me: "No idea! I'll find my UBD"...

So, after a lengthy conversation in the petrol station.. and to cut a long story short, these Kiwi's had flown into Brisbane and driven down here in a motorhome to Sydney with a map that is dreadful.  So, I gave them my UBD so that I would feel comfortable in knowing that they wouldn't get lost again..

God bless their wooly socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment