Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pigeon with no where to go..

Monday 16th May 2011

So the little grey pigeon that was in my backyard this morning looking a little puffed up and disheartened has sadly passed away while I was at work. I did think that he/she had just landed in my yard because it’s welcoming and warm and had good intentions of making friends with the chooks. Clearly I was wrong.

This evening I rang the 1300 number on his/her band however they have gone home to roost for the night. I'll try again in the morning. Meanwhile he/she is in a box just in case the owners want it.

Tuesday 17th May 2011

So, it seems that pigeon fanciers only fancy pigeons if they are alive... The lady at the pigeon fanciers society advised me to put him/her in a plastic bag and dispose of him/her in the garbage bin. Such a sad, unromantic way to go. So I am going home to give it a fitting burial in the backyard.

Whilst I have had some tremendous ideas of making a meal out of the plump little bird I think that it is best that he have a proper burial considering the sad circumstances of his passing.

RIP #303 pigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment