Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shopping is dangerous..

Yesterday I spent the day with my best friend Aaron.

We had a lovely leisurely breakfast in town teamed with a spot of people watching and then meandered onto the shops for some serious "Aaron's going on holidays" clothes shopping with me playing the part of his style guru..

Whilst I wouldn't let him buy yellow or green jeans due to the fact that in my opinion they just scream "LOOK AT ME I'M GAY!", I did let him buy a whole heap of other things including a red dress shirt that looked just spiffy!

Time for a quick haircut and a dash into a "closing down sale" on the main street.  As we are walking out of the shop. I was walking and talking at the same time and not at all taking any notice of where I was stepping in my wedge heels and missed a step. Tumbling towards the ground at a fast pace I sensed impending doom and went to brace myself coupled with Aaron grabbing me from behind and a poor unsuspecting lady in a wheel chair who sadly happened to be closing in on me at an extraordinary pace.  I am not sure if she was trying to break my fall or was just not realising she had a mad woman falling in front of her.

Needless to say, I did manage not to fall, I don't know how, what I do know if that my right shoulder took the brunt of it and I heard a deafening POP.. Closely followed by loss of sensation and feeling in my right arm and excruciating pain.

After assuring onlookers that I was perfectly fine, cursing myself for not looking where I was going and a painful hug from Aaron, he realised I was in trouble! I had dislocated my shoulder but it had popped back in again thankfully.  Whilst I still had no sensation in my arm he manipulated and checked and and neither of us could hear anything untoward thankfully!

I guess being a St Johns Ambo DOES pay off!

How did we make ourselves feel better?  Yep, that's right, we went shoe shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment