Monday, March 14, 2011

Toilet paper...

It's funny isn't it how odd things trigger memories..

For me, one of those things is toilet paper.

Once again a story from when I had just moved from a small quaint country town to a raging metropolos of a major city..

I was in the ladies toilets of Town Hall train station... I had once again caught the wrong train, or I was swapping trains or something along those lines and had been desperate to use the amenties.. Perhaps I'd had a bad curry or something, I don't quite remember.. TMI?  Yes, sorry.. Too much information.

ANYWAY.....

Here I am sitting in a stall... Mum's wise words ringing in my ears "Don't put your hand bag on the dirty floor, hang it on the back of the door or put it in your lap"....

The bathroom is busy.. Peak hour.. Women are coming and going... Perfumes come and go as does the chatter and clomping of heels on tiles..  As I am finishing off my business and go for the toilet paper, I am cleaning up and I hear a woman's voice from the stall beside me "Are you going to leave some toilet paper for others?" at first I didn't realise her agressive tone was directed at me, so I disregarded until I came out of the cubical and was confronted by a cowly looking woman who then proceeded to berate me loudly about the amount of toilet paper I had just "consumed" leaving the rest of the women in the city toilet paperless.

Please bare in mind I didn't think that I had consumed an excessive amount of toilet paper, nor did I think my own Mother would have disapproved of my usage.

Obviously as a young country girl I apologised and considered myself "told" and went scarpering with my tail between my legs being concious of the amount of water I used whilst washing my hands as she watched me.  I assume she got great delight out of screaming at me like a banchee in the tiled arena of the ladies toilet.. I hope she enjoyed that moment, because if she had done it to me now that I am older and wiser I would have knocked her down a peg or two..

To this day, some 16 years later, I wonder where that woman is...  I'd like to buy her a pack of toilet paper (Quilton of course, only the best) just to spite her..

Fuck her and her soap box!

No comments:

Post a Comment