Friday, January 14, 2011

A nice serving of humble pie....

I just got a phone call on my mobile from a number I recognised as our Reception at HQ, my old office which is a separate location to where I am currently.  It was a young lady from "Reception" saying there is a box waiting to be picked up from Rolls that has just been delivered by Courier..


Me: Oh, that is for East, it needs to come over here because that is where I work now.
Reception Chick (RC): Well do you want me to leave it here for you to pick up?
Me: Yes could you please leave it there and I'll pick it up after hours.
RC: Yes, no problems.

Me to our Admin Helen: Helen, Reception have a box of stuff from Rolls that I have to go pick up.
Helen: What? It annoys me that they do that.. The box says "East" they should deliver it here, I am sick of them doing that. I am ringing Reception to tell them off for not getting the courier to deliver it here.

Helen then proceeds to call HQ Reception and tell them off.. They deny all knowledge of the phone call to me OR the parcel.

*insert confusion*

Discussion ensues as to who actually called me. I am certain it was the new chick from Reception because the phone call has come from her extension and she doesn't know me.

I ring Reception and go OFF at our head receptionist Ruth declaring the new receptionist a "Ditzy Broad" if she cannot remember that it was me that she rang and that there was a parcel there for me. I go off my nut at Ruth asking her "do I sound pissed off? because I am!". Ruth transfers me to RC who still declares that she knows nothing of this parcel (this is where I begin to think it's a G up).. THEN I had a thought… What if it was reception here at East?

Our other Officer Donna goes out to Reception here at East and lo and behold there is a box there for me!

DOH!

The whole office goes off…. Laughing so damned hard…

I ring Reception at HQ and eat humble pie.. and lots of it…..

Who's the Ditzy Broad? I AM!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment