Saturday, January 8, 2011

A morning with the Vet

This morning I bundled the girls into the car and went off to the RSPCA for our 1030 appointment.


The lead up to this was the last time I took the girls to their vet she told me that Cali (8yrs) has bad teeth and needed a few removed and it would cost just over $300. Whilst I had no issues with spending that kind of $$ on the girls health, I did think that I needed a second opinion.. Plus I thought, if I am going to be spending that PLUS what it would cost to have Gidget's teeth scaled as well (estimating $500) I would rather spend it at the RSPCA Vet Clinic so that money was actually going to a good cause..

Anyway I get there 20 minutes early, their computer system is down, so they do the paperwork quickly and efficiently advise me to take a seat and I had just got comfortable when our names were called.

First up is The Gidget. She was clearly scared because the last time she was there she had a little operation. Regardless, she said a few swear words to the doctor who just laughed.. But she soon settled down and was very very well behaved..

There was no anesthetic, the Dr just got some kind of implement that looked like scissors and cracked the tartar off the teeth.. They bled a bit the poor little munchkins, but I’d say she has done it a few times.

Cali was very quiet and well behaved even if she did make it exceptionally difficult for me to get her out of her cage by squeezing her cute fat arse right into a corner in her large cage lol.. she is such a wombat.

The RSPCA Vet assures me that Cali's teeth aren't that bad and she didn't think they needed removing she scraped the plaque off both of their teeth and sent me home telling me to feed them more kibble and a $50 bill which I was very happy with.

I am glad that all ended well, I saved a lot of money and am so thankful that I was given some good advice from someone I respect, I am glad I listened. I will certainly be heading back to the RSPCA for anything major.. I was very impressed with how quickly I was seen to.. The Doctor even told me that I was a good “holder” as in I held the girls well so that she would open their mouths and tend to them.. I am such a good mummy!!!!

The only down side of the whole day was that I got the silent treatment on the way home but when I stopped at red rooster and got them some chicken I think I was forgiven (they’re not spoilt, I swear!)..

No comments:

Post a Comment