Sunday, June 24, 2012

What would you do for love?

How could anyone in their right mind compare Brynne Edelstein to Lara Bingle?

 
It must have been a slow news day for The Daily Telegraph..
 
I was only thinking the other day that we hadn't heard anything from Geoffrey or Brynne.
 
I would be more inclined to compare Brynne to me.. I am the country version though.. Hangon, let me get this right, I am the lower budget country version.
 
She moved across the world for the man she loves.
 
I moved across the state for the man I love.
 
She likes fine food and wine, I like fine food and wine on a budget.
 
I wonder how she made new friends when she moved to a new home. I mean she is probably surrounded my hundreds of people, most of them wanting to become her friend for who she is and what she has since she married Geoff. How would she find a “genuine”friend who likes her for her sense of humour or taste in movies or just for her conversation?
 
That being said, she probably hasn’t got a true friend to hang out with other than Geoff. She does go home to the states every three (3) months to see her family. I don't even see my family that often and I live a six (6) hour drive away. Maybe I need to make more of an effort.
 
I wonder how she gets on with Geoffrey’s kids...
 
If she was my friend, I wonder what I would cook if her and Geoffrey “popped over for supper”. My famous Lasagne with a salad on our old wooden dining table that has scratches, bumps and marks with the dogs protesting at the backdoor (like they always do cause they can smell foods) and the cats weaving themselves around her toned legs and designer high heels that are worth more than my ENTIRE wardrobe (including work supplied uniform). Would she mind if I wore a pair of jeans, tshirt and my fleecy slippers to dinner? Or would that be out of the question?
 
Having just written all of this, I am so thankful for the (modest) life that I have and I am sure to hell she is too. I am sure that we have both done it tough financially, we know what it’s like to struggle, and I appreciate what we have.
 
In the long run, I guess it all comes down to the power love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment