Thursday, January 5, 2012

One big bag of fruit..

They say when you move to the country you are supposed to eat a lot of peaches.. According to the song...


You know what, I have had more nectarines, grapes (of both fresh and pressed state) and apples than I have had peaches, but life is still pretty “peachy” down here!

I guess considering we are in a winery region I could take up grape picking, but Bloke assures me it's hard work in the heat of summer.  I've given it some thought and I reckon I'll give it a wide berth.

I am missing having a huge variety of fresh fruit and veg available at Flemington Markets or at my local fruit and veg market.. The nearest large fruit and veg place is a 40 minute drive to our nearest large city.

Never the less, I started our vegetable garden on the weekend and we already have babies pushing their little green heads through the soil, I just have to keep the grass short to deter any nasties of the legless reptilian variety.

Peach out!

No comments:

Post a Comment