Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Random act of kindness

On my way home tonight I figured it had cooled down enough to get a tank of fuel, plus I was down to possibly only 50kms of fuel left which inspired me to pull into Caltex to fill up..

This particular Caltex is very popular and has approximately 5 rows of bowsers.. This means there is about four (4) bowsers per row.. Of those 20 bowsers there is only one (1) diesel bowser.  I drive a diesel.

As I am pulling in, some dipshit of a woman is driving a little white Mitsubshi Mirage in front of me with her left hand indicator on, but she is veering to the right.  She is confusing not only me, but another guy in a ute in front of me.  She clearly has no clue where she is going, she is obviously looking for the right place to get her fuel.

Where does she end up?  At the one and only diesel bowser!  Seriously, she has numberous others to choose from, yes she goes directly there!  Meanwhile, ol'mate in the next row has a flat battery on his Toyota Hiace.  Blokeybloke the Plumber tries to give him a hand, but the jumper leads won't reach.. So, I wind my window down and offer my car...  Plumber fills his car and decamps

Now, my car (Dorry) is only 2 years old and I don't even know where the bloody battery is! So, I position Dorry close to Ol'mate's van and pop the bonnet and we proceed to look for the battery.  This is when I realise that Ol'mate is not only partically blind, but deaf too!

So, I have my head under my bonnet, yelling at Ol'mate over the diesel engine looking like a fool because I don't have a clue where the battery is.. I locate what I THINK is the battery and just to be sure check the user manual which isn't all that "chick friendly" however it did have pictures which didn't really mean much. 
Enter random blokey stranger who informs Ol'mate that we shouldn't be doing this with my car because it will fry my computer (no shit Sherlock!) but I do recall my mate Jen telling me that either the negative or the positive has to go on first, but I cannot remember which one.

So, Ol'mate thanks me very much for my time and I get back into the car to fuel up and my place in line has been taken by a monstrosity of an Audi (Mosman Tractor)... It's owner has finished fueling and is walking back with mobile in hand, he appears to be texting....  So I wait.. He is still texting while standing at his car door.. Texting... Texting... I'm thinking "get in your fucking tractor and drive off moron so other's can fuel up".. Texting.. More texting, this goes on for what seems like 5 minutes.. Finally he gets in the car, and stuffs around with the seat belt.. I am thinking "any moment now...", so after he fixes his make up and adjusts the mirror he is off and I realise that the price of diesel has gone up since I first got there.

DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment