Friday, August 12, 2011

Sausages!

On my six (6) hour drive home last weekend, I drove via my sister's hometown to wish her a happy birthday and got halfway and could hear a thumping sound, stopped and checked thinking it might have been my tyre.

In the dark at 8pm with a torch that is about as useful as an empty pepsi box, I couldn’t see or feel anything on the tyre. 

It was a Thursday night, I was on the side of the Hume so decided to push on and got to the Dog on the Tuckerbox and checked again in the light of the Service Centre, only to find that my driver’s side front tyre had delaminated and was in a very very VERY poor state.  Damn! Three (3) hours to go and I would be home!

Alas, I was forced to do the overnight stop at The Dog's place and Friday morning I got two new front tyres from “Jonesy” at Bridgestone where I almost bought some Chicken, fetta and Spinach sausages but figured they wouldn’t be too crash hot by the time I made it home.


Then on Friday arvo I bought two more tyres for the rear from “Neville” cause apparently all of my tyres needed replacing before I returned to Sydney and I got a very VERY stern disapproving look when I got home considering I’d been told the weekend before that they needed replacing… *sigh*. So, now Dorry has four new shoes.

I wonder what those sausages tasted like….. I suppose they shouldn’t be eaten at dinner time cause they have cheese in them. According to Helen's Mum, eating cheese before bedtime gives you nightmares!



No comments:

Post a Comment