Monday, August 29, 2011

Bloke's brush with fame

It's amazing who you see in your little home town!

We were in Safeway on Saturday.  I was being the diligent partner and pushing the trolley whilst Bloke made the decision on what sweet meat was coming home with us for him to transform into some decadent and delicious morsel to be prepared and cooked by my very own MasterChef.

As I stand in a daydream (more than likely perving on Bloke's denim clad rear end) his voice penetrates my thoughts "That's Angry Anderson!". 

A little astounded and shocked by his proclamation of someone famous in this little town I shrugged off his announcement calling "Yeah, ok love"...  However, that did not dampen his persistence that he had in fact spotted Angry Anderson choosing apples in the fruit and veg section.

My reply of "What would Angry Anderson be doing here shopping for apples in Safeway?" whilst turning to the direction in which Bloke was pointing was soon scared for life and proven wrong when I spotted the man himself in all of his Rose Tattoo glory! 

I was soon eating humble pie for doubting Bloke and his star spotting skills!  I stood there slightly shocked when Bloke suddenly dropped the chicken thighs, falling with a thud and said "I'm going to say hi" and bounded for glory off to shake the legendary veteran rock 'n roll outlaw's hand!  I figured he had nothing to lose after all they might be blood bros!

I wonder what apples he ended up choosing and whether he needed them for the roughage.

I wonder if he has a tattoo of an apple somewhere on his body.  I hear that he has a tattoo parlour in Kings Cross.  Maybe I'll take Bloke there to get a tattoo of an apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeTBsQmMEpw

p.s. How many Angry Anderson/Rose Tattoo songs have I quoted in this blog?

1 comment:

  1. ok k sweet cheeks i think it went more like (and i quit ) what the f@#$% would Angry Andreson be doing in a town like this. and bloke sead it is him look. Going forth you did have to eat humbel pie but if you went with Angry you might have had apple pie haha.
    Well thats all from this badboy (Bloke)

    ReplyDelete