Monday, September 6, 2010

Might wanna take some time off work for Geoff's Prune Brownies....

Chocolate Prune Brownies


Soak 300g of prunes in 200ml of hot black tea for 3 days (or cognac or brandy)
My note:  Please ensure that you allow ample time for this to occur. Some suggestions may be to take some time off work for this part of the recipe or to put the prunes in a thermos or a crockpot just so the black tea remains hot for the whole 3 days. Alternatively you could take the prunes to work with you to ensure the tea remains hot. My mother keeps icing warm by shoving it between her breasts (in a plastic bag of course), you might get away with this practice at work.  If this is the case, it is advised not to wear a lot cut top or swimwear.  If you have no boobs, please buy a thermos.

Preheat oven to 170, grease and line rectangular cake tin (20×30x4)
My note: You might wanna do this on the 3rd day, not the first just to save energy.

Melt 300g dark choc (min 55% – I used 70%), 80g unsalted butter and 200g caster sugar in a bain marie, stirring til melted (10min). Ensure water doesn’t touch bottom of bowl. Set aside to cool.
My note: as above.

Use an electric mixer to beat in 4 eggs, one at a time.
My note:  It is unclear whether you have to use 4 separate bowls for the 4 separate eggs.. I bucked with the trend here and couldn't be bothered beating them one at a time, and I threw 'em all in together, lets face it, they are all going to be together eventually.

Sift together 55g plain flour, 40g cocoa, half tsp salt and 2 tsp of baking powder and add to chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
My note: Combined into what? I presume this is where you add the eggs too, though the recipe isn't all that clear on where these stupid eggs come into it. However, I told you the eggs would have to come together eventually.

Add prunes and liquid, 100g sour cream and 140g of dark choc melts ( I added some pistachios cause I had used 70% choc and thought it was intense enough). Stir until just combined.
My note: Good lord!

Bake for one hour. Test it is set by placing your hand in the centre and wobbling it. Mine took more like 50 minutes.

Allow to cool in tin before turning out. Cut into pieces with a hot knife. (I found this very tricky as it started to break when I tried to turn it out).
My note:  It is NOT advised to stick the knife between your boobs to warm it up as advised above with the prunes.. It is advised to heat the knife in hot water.

Considering that PRUNES are great for those who suffer from constipation, it is advised that you may want to limit your intake of these brownies..  Otherwise, you might wanna take some more time off work.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment