Thursday, July 12, 2012

A room with a view..

Thought I would finally get around to downloading some of the pictures I took during my hospital stay.


Maybe this picture is not so good for the faint hearted, but this is where they eventually put the cannula to pump me full of roids..  Not the best spot, but was the only vein that wanted to play nice on the morning.  The Doctor said that it's a good thing I am not a druggie cause I'd be stuffed finding a vein to inject into all the time.  I'll try and remember that!


This is the view from the room I was placed in on Day 1...

It had an awesome view of Emergency and the road and I would have been able to see the whole town go past.. Sadly they didn't leave me there for long and I was shipped off to a room to share with an older man who I'll call "Major" because of his surname and a connection to a Mobile Medical Army based Sitcom that sometimes still airs on TV.  He was a hoot and good for a chat about gardening.. He was in for a knee replacement and was a self confessed "Tough Ol'Bastard".. God bless him!


View from Day 2..

Nothing spectacular here apart from now being off the ward and in Intensive Care.. I was having severe chest pains and tightness at this point in time due to the drugs and please note the position of the ECG machine just in case I keeled over..  I think it's fair to say that the "Major" might have rubbed off on me a bit and I took on his attitude and became a "Tough Ol'Bitch" but that was only when I wasn't crying.

I was on 30 minute observation which included taking of temp, blood saturation, blood pressure blah blah blah, oxygen etc. 

You can't see it in the picture, but on the roof was a metal thing that had me fooled.. I was trying to figure out all fecking day what it could have been and I was stumped.. I couldn't really see properly either because my vision hadn't really come back completely, but eventually when Bloke came be sorted me out with an answer and I was all good.. It was a bracket to secure a ladder to the side of the building..  ALL that worry for a bloody ladder bracket...  Crikey!


View from Day 3...

Now, bear in mind that at this point I had literally lost my sense of humour.. I was cranky, crying and just down right miserable.  I felt like poo and all I wanted to do was curl up and have the earth swallow me whole.  Bloke spent more time in hospital with me that day.. That man is worth more than I can ever imagine, I am such a lucky woman.


All plugged in and ready to rock and roll...  Albeit a little swollen and worse for wear...


And just for good measure here is a picture of the fresh home made spaghetti that Bloke made.. It should make up for all the horrible pictures I have put up on this particular post.  Imagine it smothered in a Creamy Marinara Sauce with fresh parsley on the top!  Bellissimo!!

 Random, but hey if you are a regular reader of my blog you'll have figured that out by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment